While digital marketing has a much broader audience reach and is much more cost-effective than traditional direct marketing, businesses should never dismiss the latter as an outdated means of customer communication. Thanks to technology, personalized mailing is now possible in large quantities, saving businesses the need to spend too much time and effort personalizing their promotional materials.
Still not convinced? Below are the latest statistics that will convince you that direct marketing is far from dead.
Reading: Statistics on direct mail marketing
- direct mail has a 90% open rate, a far cry from email marketing’s 23% open rate. This is because consumers, particularly millennials, prefer promotional materials that are tangible and can be read later, as opposed to emails that are typically ignored even if they are from a recognizable brand.
- according to canada post, people find direct mail more attractive than its digital counterparts. This is because opening a piece of mail is simpler and easier on the mind.
- On average, the typical American household receives 2 pieces of direct mail each day compared to emails that can go up to a dozen. their relative “rarity” means that 77% of Americans are looking forward to opening them.
- Personalization has tremendous power and 70% of people believe that direct mail is more personal than email. just having their names printed on the mail increases response rates by 135%.
- response rate to direct mail is as high as 37%. This is because people perceive a physical piece of mail as more “real” compared to digital ones delivered to their inboxes.
- According to a study by triadex services, consumers they would love to receive direct mail from their favorite brands.
Conclusion: Direct mail is considered a more archaic form of marketing, but based on these statistics, it’s no wonder that 63% of direct-to-consumer brands invest in direct mail marketing.
direct mail trend statistics:
- Consumers spend an average of 30 minutes sorting through and reading their mail, proving that direct marketing will never become obsolete.
- According to a recent Sherpa marketing study, 82% of Americans say they generally trust print ads more than digital ads.
- According to a recent marketing charts study, 26% of 2,000 consumers surveyed say direct mail ads help them make more informed purchasing decisions. Additionally, 25% agree that they are more comfortable with traditional advertising, primarily direct mail marketing.
- Catalogues, an example of direct marketing materials, are seeing a huge surge in popularity these days. in fact, companies that use them get between $3 and $9 in return for every $1 spent.
- according to marketing charts, postcards and letters remain the most popular forms of direct mail campaigns for marketers.
- according to a survey conducted by lob and comperemedia Two-thirds of the more than 150 companies interviewed say that direct mail marketing shows the best return on investment compared to other current marketing channels.
- Based on actual impact, direct mail is far more persuasive than digital media, with higher motivational response rates of over 20%.
- According to the National Advertisers Association, targeting customers one-on-one through direct marketing increases a company’s response rates by 50%.
- according to report linker, since households tend to keep physical mail longer than emails, the average response rate for the former is between 2.7% and 4.4%, which is significantly higher than the latter at 0.6%.
- According to pfl, multichannel ad campaigns that include direct mail have a 20% higher return on investment than campaigns that do not. they include it.
- According to writers block live, businesses that choose to use direct mail and digital ads together drive a 28% increase in conversion rates and a 450% increase in response rates.
the bottom line: direct mail advertising companies in the us. uu. generated $9.47 billion in revenue in 2020. All of this goes to show that direct marketing is not only effective at generating revenue, but is also a lucrative business in its own right.
direct marketing statistics for millennials:
- Since it’s been established that millennials value companies that use direct marketing methods, it’s also worth noting that around 62% of them would rather read the information in the promotional email than throw it away unopened.
- 82% of millennials value print promotional materials more than digital mail. they recognize the time it took to create, print, and send direct mail, as opposed to emails that can be created quickly and sent in bulk.
- according to usps, a whopping 68% of millennials read print ads from retailers, including coupons and promotional advertisements.
- according to valassis, 72% of millennial parents have admitted that direct mail and other print ads influence what they buy and what they don’t buy.
- According to a USPS study, about 69% of millennials check their mail for restaurant coupons, while 65% say they love receiving coupons from retail businesses.
- according to a usps online survey, 58% of millennials say they are not as concerned about direct mail when it comes to privacy compared to digital communications.
- According to a 2020 study called “The Store Switch,” 80% of 3,000 millennial respondents say they’re on the lookout for direct mail.
- According to a USPS consumer study, millennials say physical ads are more effective than digital campaigns in making a lasting impression.
The bottom line: Of all generations, millennials are the most engaging with direct mail. they’re just more used to it, and also because they’re more comfortable responding to a marketing channel, they’ve been used to it for many years.
We update this direct marketing statistics report annually. leave your email and we will notify you once the next one is published.
43 Useful Direct Mail Statistics, Trends & FAQs for 2022 (passivesecrets.com)
Marketing Chart: Which Advertising Channels Do Consumers Trust Most and Least When Buying | marketingherpa
direct mail ranks high on consumer ad receptivity list – marketing graphs
millennials are more into catalogs than your grandma (cnbc.com)
state of direct mail in 2022 – lob
canada publishes neuroscientific research on the power of direct mail: real impact
2018 Statistical Data Book: The Definitive Source of Data-Driven Marketing Insights | industry insights | all mkc content | ana
See also: andrew harvey
See also: andrew harvey
See also: andrew harvey