It’s hard to say no to free teen magazines by mail, especially when print media is shutting down one magazine at a time and replacing it entirely with digital.
Those of us who grew up with teen magazines, pasting fragrance samples onto pages or cutting them out to make our vision boards as teenagers, know that having this type of reading material is an important part of any adolescence. .
yes, even in the world of netflix and streaming, magazines still provide a tingle in the life of a teenager.
But with subscriptions left and right piling up household expenses, it’s hard to say yes to your teens pestering you for their own magazine subscriptions, right?
if you are in the same boat as me before discovering these techniques, this post is for you.
5 ways to get free teen magazines in the mail
I use five methods to get free magazines and mail them too!
1. use amazon prime to get free teen magazines
if you’re an amazon prime member and you’re already paying for a ton of amazon shopping features and promotions, but there’s one more you should take advantage of… free magazines!
As an Amazon Prime member, not only can you get free access to top books and magazines, but you’ll also receive monthly editions of your choice of Prime Reading magazines.
2. convert unused miles to magazines of your choice
If you’re an airline frequent flier and it will take you years to earn a ticket with your miles, why not use them for your teen’s magazine subscription?
yes, the magsformiles make it possible!
magsformiles (short for magazine miles) is a program administered by cap systems, a division of synapse group, inc., where they partner with airlines and publishers to offer this valuable redemption option.
magazines for miles invites frequent flyer members to redeem their unused, orphaned or expiring miles for popular magazines, with no cash cost or credit card fee.
to claim your magazine:
- first select your airline, which will then direct you to the magazine options (with the number of miles required to claim).
- you ‘ then click “add to bag”, add other magazines if you like.
- pay when ready. You will need to fill in your shipping information, including your skymiles number.
once the publisher has approved your subscription, miles can no longer be refunded. If you don’t have enough miles at the time of your order, you won’t receive all of your selections, but magsformiles will continue to process other selections that match your miles.
The great thing about this program is that you can even gift the magazine subscription to another teen.
3. earn gift cards to pay for any teen magazine you like
The problem with the above two options is that you have no control over the list of magazines they offer. so if you can’t find the particular magazine title your teen is looking for, then this method solves your dilemma.
There are several ways to earn a particular gift card, at no cost to you. It largely depends on where you want to order your teen magazine subscriptions.
- from the stores: Do you want to buy teen magazines at your nearest walmart? get a free walmart gift card and then pay for the magazine subscription with your own free gift card. Before you decide on Walmart, check first what magazine titles Walmart offers.
- Magazine: If you want to pay for a magazine subscription directly from the magazine’s website or an online store, your best bet is to first get a free visa gift card and use it as payment. If the magazine company doesn’t accept visa gift cards, learn how to convert your visa gift card to cold cash.
This method takes a bit of time, but once you’ve done the initial setup of the techniques listed here, getting free gift cards will be a piece of cake.
4. join bounty sites
- survey sites: Not all survey sites allow you to claim points for magazine subscriptions, but some do. valuemags is a website that gives away free magazines, but you need to take a survey first before you get the freebie.
- reward sites – complete any microtasks, like watching videos, trying new apps, accept offers online, and even just sign up for sites like inbox dollars or swagbucks.
- cash-back sites: Shop multiple locations or buy food at a restaurant and get cash back if you use apps like rakuten and ibotta.
All of these methods are similar in that you earn points for tasks (surveys, purchases, etc), then once you’ve saved enough points, you can withdraw the money via paypal or other methods. This free money can now be used to pay for any teen magazine subscription your child wants.
5. harass companies that give away free teen magazines by mail
Nowadays, traditional teen magazines are like unicorns. yes, many of the most popular ones are still available, but the print division has ceased several years ago and only digital editions are published.
some are not so lucky. Bop’s parent companies, Elle Girl, and even People Magazine’s Teen Magazine, Teens have all shut down publication of their then-popular teen mags.
- teen vogue: You can subscribe to the teen vogue newsletter for free; is the best way to enjoy the content of the magazine. this company abandoned print at the end of 2017, but continued to create cover titles for the brand.
- seventeen: Like teen fashion, all seventeen magazine content is published on the site. just enter your email address to subscribe.
- j-14: This teen-focused celebrity magazine still has print editions (and digital ones, too), but currently doesn’t has free trial promotion. come back here often so you can get the first dibs once they do. or use the ways above to get a free gift card or free money and pay for your own subscription.
- elle magazine – if your teen loves fashion, claim these two years free subscription to elle magazine to stay up to date with the best designers and the latest fashion on the street and on the catwalks.
- girls world: this is a magazine For girls ages 10 to 12. It’s full of crafts, party ideas for fun with friends, and tips for everything in a girl’s life. you can subscribe to digital editions and access content immediately or wait for a free trial of their print editions.
- nylon – This digital-only magazine used to have print editions and is now a source of fashion pieces for young adults. now you can freely subscribe to their online magazine at no cost.
- teen ink magazine: teen ink magazine is available for free as a digital publication. is available in a digital format optimized for desktop, mobile, web, and app viewing (you must create a teen ink profile to access it). or you can view it at issuu.com.
- affinity magazine: affinity magazine is one of the world’s largest teen-run websites dealing with serious, real-life topics. such as race, lgbt, feminism, mental health, politics, and entertainment. Because teenagers write and submit articles for this magazine, they gain early experience in journalism.
- Top-notch guitar: If you have a teen obsessed with all things guitars, get five free issues of premier guitar (the world’s foremost authority on all things guitar and bass). this five-month freebie is just a trial subscription. You must “add to cart” below and checkout. You’ll also get more free, instant access to the pg app each month.
- Kazoo Magazine: If you’re looking for tween magazine subscriptions, Kazoo is an award-winning, ad-free independent magazine for girls ages 5-12, celebrating them for being strong, smart, fierce and true to themselves. Sign up for their newsletter to get updates whenever the promotions come back.
- SchoolArts – If your teens love art, they’ll love a free edition of SchoolArts. This magazine has provided artistic inspiration to children around the world since 1901. Each issue of SchoolArts is packed with current and relevant information for the classroom.
Other must-see independent online teen magazines include Superhero Mag, Teen Eye Magazine, Crybaby Magazine, Lithium Magazine, Brightlight Magazine, and Keke Magazine.
if you don’t want to subscribe to newsletters, you can always follow them on the social platform of your choice (facebook, instagram, twitter, tik-tok and even linkedin) to be updated when there are new articles or digital editions. available.
Bonus: If your teen is an entrepreneur at heart, freebizmag is a gold mine.
freebizmag offers free subscriptions to trade and business magazines, white papers, newsletters and more. There is no teen content on freebizmag, but for the budding little shark tank, the magazine offers up-to-date information on a wide range of career industries.
mercury magazines is similar to freebizmag.
where else can you find free teen magazines?
If your teen just wants to catch up on fashion, relationship advice, or other amazing photography in these teen or tween magazines, there’s always the library. if you are lucky enough to be in a city with a modern public library, you should definitely visit it more often.
Is your teen obsessed with home improvement or interior design? Do they like to see new clothes, gadget news or other products? make sure they also check out this huge list of free catalogues.