The thought of finding a family member or close friend on Tinder has kept me away from the dating scene. However, Tinder dealt with this issue with a new feature we’re going to talk about today. So, if you do not want to find yourself in a situation like this, there are ways to block someone on Tinder preventing them from finding you. Other reasons to block profiles on Tinder can be stalkers or people who are just annoying/harassing you.
Watching: How do i block someone on tinder
How to Block People on Tinder
There are 3 ways to block someone on Tinder. Let’s start with Tinder’s brand new block feature. This feature allows you to block users in your phone’s contact list. Let’s see how it’s done.
Tinder’s block feature allows you to choose specific contacts and add them to your block list. It’s a great way to avoid people you want to hide your profile from.
1. Block Contacts on Tinder
Since this one is a comparatively new feature, you’ll see a prompt if you’re installing Tinder for the first time. If somehow you didn’t notice this option, here’s how you can access it anytime within the app.
1. Download/Open Tinder and tap the profile icon in the top right corner. Now Open Settings from the profile overview tab.
2. In the next step, scroll down to the Block Contacts option and open it. You’ll now see the Block Contacts tab with all your contacts and blocked tab.
3. Scroll through the contacts list and select people you want to hide your Tinder profile from. To select contacts, simply tap on one or more contacts. Next, tap on Block x Contacts at the bottom of the screen to save the selection.
As soon as you save the blocked contact list, you’ll be redirected to the Settings overview page. In order to check blocked contacts, go to the Block Contacts option again and tap on Blocked to view current selection.
4. Removing the contacts from the Blocked section is also easy. All you have to do is tap on the Unblock option and it’ll be removed. Easy right? The number on the Blocked tab also changes when you add or remove contacts. Acts like a visual cue.
5. It’s possible that the contact you want to block on Tinder is not saved on your phone. In that case, you can add a contact manually as well. This option also works if you do not wish to give Tinder access to all your contacts.
To add contact info manually, tap on the + sign at the top right corner. On this page, you can add name and contact info which can be the phone number and/or the email ID of the person. Hit Done at the top right corner to save the contact (won’t show up in your phone’s contact list).
2. Block Friends and Family Profiles on Tinder
Since most of your friends and family members will be on your contact list, the previous method will work well. Additionally, there are three other options that come in handy and make the selection process quick.
You have the option to deny Tinder access to the phone’s contacts list. It can be done by tapping on the three vertical dot options (top right). Disabling contacts will not remove users you have already blocked on Tinder.
Select All Contacts – This allows you to bulk select all contacts. After that, you can manually deselect the people you wish to see in your Tinder feed. Unblock all – Unblocks all blocked contacts in Tinder at once.
Note: Although it blocks users from seeing each other, keep in mind that it will only do so if the user has used the phone number to register on Tinder.
3. Unmatch and Hide Profiles on Tinder
If you’ve been using Tinder for some time now, I’m sure you must have stumbled upon matches that you regret connecting with. In that case, you can hide someone from seeing your Tinder profile using the unmatch option.
1. Open Tinder and tap on the Messages tab on the top. Now open the user’s chat you wish to block by tapping on the profile icon.
2. In order to unmatch and hide your Tinder profile, tap on the Safety Toolkit icon on the top right corner. You’ll see a pop-up with Unmatch and Report option. Tap on Unmatch Only and confirm again by selecting the YES UNMATCH option.
The contact will not only be removed from your profile but neither of you will be able to see each other on the Tinder feed.
Get Tinder for (iOS | Android)
Closing Remarks: Block Someone on Tinder
I’m sure with the new contact block feature, Tinder has dealt with a major problem faced by many users. The Block Contacts feature now allows you to block people who are annoying, stalking, harassing, or just family members you want to hide your personal life from.