- to migrate all your emails from outlook to gmail, you will need to link your gmail and outlook accounts.
- once you link your accounts, all your email will be migrated and you will be able to manage your account from outlook via gmail.
- If you will no longer be using outlook, you can perform a one-time migration.
gmail is the most popular email service in the world, but microsoft outlook also has its fair share of dedicated users. And if you use both apps, you don’t have to live two separate lives – you can connect your accounts and migrate all your Outlook emails to Gmail.
Here’s how to migrate all your Outlook emails to Gmail, whether you’re still using that Outlook account or want to leave it.
Reading: Outlook to gmail migration
Note: This guide assumes that you are the sole owner of your Outlook and Gmail accounts. If either account is managed by a third-party administrator, such as your work or school, you should contact your IT department for help, as the steps may differ.
how to migrate emails from an active outlook account to gmail
This is for anyone who wants to keep using their outlook account along with their gmail account. To do this, you’ll need to link your gmail and outlook accounts.
linking accounts allows you to see your outlook emails in the same inbox as your gmail account, and they will be available on all devices. when you delete an outlook email in gmail, it will also be deleted from your outlook account. accounts will sync every 10-20 minutes to get new emails.
you will also be able to send emails from gmail using outlook account. when composing an email, simply click your name in the from field to select the sending account.
You can link your accounts using the gmail website or mobile apps.
using the gmail website
1. open the gmail website and click the gear icon in the upper right corner and then click view all settings .
2. Open the accounts and import tab. next to check email from other accounts, click add an email account.
3. enter the outlook address you want to link and click next.
See also: Phân biệt CV và Resume
4. When asked if you want to link accounts using gmailify or import mail using pop3, select the gmailify option.
5. A popup will appear asking if you want to give gmail permission to access your outlook account. If your browser’s popup blocker stops you, please disable it and try again.
once you give permission, gmailify will link the accounts and you will have access to all your outlook emails in gmail.
using the gmail app
1. Download the gmail app on your android, iphone or ipad if you don’t already have it.
2. open the app and set up your gmail account.
3. Once you’ve set up a gmail account, tap your user icon in the top right corner and select add another account > from the menu that appears.
4. select the option outlook, hotmail and live.
5. You can choose if you want to link the accounts using gmailify or not. using gmailify will set your outlook account folders and spam filters to act like gmail’s.
6. enter your outlook address and sign in using the microsoft page that opens.
let the accounts link. once they’re done, you’ll be able to check your outlook emails in the same inbox as your gmail messages.
how to migrate emails from old outlook account to gmail
if you want to stop using outlook and start using gmail exclusively, you can do a one time import of all your emails from outlook. this will migrate all your existing outlook messages and contacts, and will also keep an eye on your outlook account for the next 30 days in case any overdue messages arrive.
1. First, go to the microsoft website and sign in to the outlook account you want to migrate emails from.
2. Open the gmail website and click the gear icon in the upper right corner, then select view all settings strong>.
3. In the menu that appears, click the accounts and import tab near the top.
4. Next to import mail and contacts, click import from another address.
5. type the outlook address you want to migrate your mail from, then click continue.
6. On the next page, click continue again and give gmail permission to access your outlook account. if you have a pop-up blocker enabled, you may need to disable it and then start the process over.
7. once they are linked, select what you want to migrate from outlook: contacts, mail and/or mail new for the next 30 days. we recommend selecting all three.
Depending on the amount of mail you have in your outlook account, this could take a while. once this is done, a message will appear at the top of gmail telling you that the import is complete.
all your outlook mail will be kept in a separate folder, but you can freely move those messages as you like.
This is a one-time migration, so once it’s complete, or if you chose the new mail option, once the 30 days have passed, gmail disconnects from outlook. if you missed something, you’ll have to run the import again.